Friday, September 13, 2013

Iowa Daze, or Cardinal Sin

IWP Playlist #1: Albatross to Albatross



It's been a month, I think, since I got here. Time is thick in the summer heat. Days are waded through. Weeks zip by. I'm not being hugely productive, but I am being acquisitive: buying books, borrowing books, reading books, going to readings, going to Q&As, going to the rodeo, the lake, the mall, Walmart, diners, dinners, parties, concerts, taking photos of cute rodents and iconic birdies...


I haven't blogged because 1) I'm carving 500-word slivers off this experience for my Dom Post column (last Saturday: fashion in Iowa; next one: rodeo) and 2) I think I need to give these experiences more time and shape than a blogpost demands. So cold comfort for impatient blog-readers, but I am having fun, I am thinking and drinking deeply from this Midwestern oasis. I am working, even if it doesn't always look like it, even to me.

No comments: